Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Breaking Free by Beth Moore - Session Three video answers

For those who are participating in the Breaking Free study by Beth Moore, below are the answers for the session three video response sheet. Items in bold are the answers for the blanks.

Breaking Free – Session Three Viewer Guide

Isaiah 44:20-22. With two weeks of Bible study behind us, we’re prepared, if we’re willing, to take one of our first leaps on the path to freedom: freedom from self-delusion.

A succinct definition of idolatry: An idol is any trade-off for God.

A New Testament Contrast of Truth and Lies

TRUTH: John 8:31-36 – Christ sets the captive free through truth.

LIES: John 8:44 – Satan sets the free captive through lies.

Equations That Add Up to Liberty

My Environment + My Experiences = My “truth

Read 2 Chronicles 18:28-34.

“The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth” (Ps. 145:18).

My “truth” + 0 = incomplete

My “truth” + Satan’s lies = captivity

God’s truth > My “truth”

Compares Hebrews 4:12

James 1:22-25. Contrast “looking at himself” (v. 24) with “looks intently” (v. 25).

Verse 24. The Greek word translated looking at himself “indicates perception. Tragically, this kind of person ignores what he has perceived, resulting in a detachment from what is observed, in this case the truth about himself.” (New American Commentary)

My “truth” + God’s truth = Freedom

2 comments:

VJ said...

Thanks again. I hate it when I miss a week.

Linh said...

Thank you for taking the time out to make and post the session answers to Breaking Free. Our Small Group writes the answers in ahead of time and now spend more time absorbing Beth's messages instead of scribbling and possibly missing key points.